RFHS Front Page Slider
12th Grade Students and Families:
Mark your calendars for FAFSA Day, being held January 15th in the RFHS Library. Seniors will receive one-on-one help filling out the FAFSA during their study periods all day!
Order your cap and gown from Jostens by May 1st. Click here to place your order.
Crew is a dedicated time in the day to focus on character skills (Habits of a Scholar), social-emotional learning, and academic goal-setting. Crew provides each student a relationship with an adult crew leader at the school, as well as a consistent and ongoing small-scale peer community. The crew model ensures that all students have an adult monitoring their academic and social well-being. It sets the stage for the development of deeper teacher-to-student and student-to-student relationships which increase feelings of belonging and supports all students’ success.
Purposes of Crew
- Positive Culture: Build and maintain a positive school culture, climate, and community that connects to the broader community.
- Academic Advisement: Facilitate goal setting to develop college and career readiness.
- Character Development: Develop and maturate Habits of a Scholar (character skills) and support social-emotional learning.
- Adventure: Foster risk, fun, creativity and well-being in a safe environment.
Did you know that crew is a preventative strategy against bullying? Prevention is the best way to address bullying, and the best prevention is proactive, positive relationship-building.
Role of a Crew Leader
- An advocate who believes in all students’ ability to achieve socially and academically and serves as a point of contact with families, staff members, and other supports.
- A facilitator who assists, guides, and enables the group to build strong relationships and work effectively.
- A coach, mentor and role model who gives constructive feedback and provides opportunities for practice and problem-solving.
- An academic advisor who helps set goals and monitor progress.
- A keeper of the intentional culture of the school and purposes of crew.
- As one crew leader said, “I’m on your side, I’m on your case, and I’m sticking with you no matter what.”